Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

My birthday was just this past week and my husband blessed my heart by making it a special occasion to celebrate. On Thursday when he got home from work he told me to get ready, he was taking me to the restaurant of my choice! We went to Sesame Inn (our favorite) after dropping Bruce off at Jordan and Meredith's house, our sweet neighbor friends. After a lovely evening with my man, we went to pick up the babe only to find that Meredith had prepared a surprise birthday dessert (recipe compliments from my sweet mamma). Needless to say, it was a lovely evening :)

Bruce loved spending time with Meredith and Jordan. He was sad to miss out on the dark chocolate mocha trifle, though :)



Mt birthday gifts - Beautiful hydrangeas from Meredith (my favorite flowers), a new bible from my man, and a camera! I've been having so much fun learning how to use this new gadget.

On Saturday, the Jacquay's showed up at our doorstep with my favorite cake in hand (recipe compliments of my mamma, again!) for dinner. I was making our favorite fall dinner, beef bourguignon and fresh bread (make this!!!!), per Zach's request. Little did I know we would have special guests for the evening. The Jacquay's are dear friends, and we enjoyed having them over to celebrate. 

I'm so thankful that Bruce enjoys spending time with those whom we enjoy spending time with! Angela and Jarah are awaiting the arrival of their first baby, due 12/12/12! P.S. - notice the dog that is NOT Emmitt on Jarah's lap? That's Rocky. There will be a post soon to follow, explaining his presence at our house :)



This is a regular occurrence and I'm so happy to have captured the smiles! Bruce adores his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment