Thursday, March 27, 2014

Almost One Month Down in SA

Friends and Family:

Tomorrow will mark four weeks in Nelspruit, South Africa. We have been staying with the Whitlocks for the last four weeks due to challenges in finding a place to rent. It has been nice to transition slowly, and we have experienced great fellowship with the Whitlock family. Lord-willing, we will move into our 3-BR fully-furnished house in Matumi Golf Estate on April 1 (this is a different house than the one I blogged about a few weeks ago...there was a sewage problem with that one so we canceled the contract). To catch everyone up for the last few weeks, Bruce turned two on the 23rd of March, Wyatt is very close to crawling, Bruce loves to swim in the pool, Kait is enjoying being a stay-at home mom, and I am enjoying the challenges of work. I am really thankful for my mom who has been my right-hand woman in dealing with the sale of our house in Pittsburgh (Lord-willing, it will close on April 11th - please pray!). I (Zach) have been downtrodden the past few days due to various trials. However, I received an SMS from a dear brother in the Lord today that was a great reminder to be thankful. It read "Always remember to be thankful when there is housing, water, food, money (provision) and those who love you surrounding you." This is a great word. The truth is that if we receive anything good it is because of God's grace. We don't deserve any good things, but God is very merciful and gracious to his children (Ephesians 2:1-10; Lamentations 3:21-23; Romans 8:28-39).

With this being said, I wanted to share a few pictures...ooh yeah, the weather here is superb...in the 80's...







Love,
Zach, Kait and the boys



No comments:

Post a Comment