Bruce will be six weeks old tomorrow! The time is flying by and with each passing day our sweet babe is already growing so quickly. I want to cherish every moment with this little one. A piece of wisdom one mother shared with us was to live in the present, enjoying our son for the season that he's in TODAY. What a simple but profound lesson to glean from; one which can be applied to many areas of life. It's tempting to be excited for the next stage of Bruce's development and dream about the various fun things that entails. But in constantly looking ahead, I'm missing out on the present.
Below are pictures from different moments in a typical day for us. I'm learning that the common moments are the ones to cherish. It's in these moments of nurturing that I have the privilege to raise up this helpless little soul in the Lord.
 |
| Bruce smiles
intentionally now and it's such a joy when one of us is able to coax him
to do so. |
 |
| Bruce, "This tummy time is a work out!" |
 |
| We've officially started running regularly as a family in preparation for a distance run in September! One of us pushes the jogging stroller while the other takes the dog. Emmitt is the easier choice because he pulls a bit and helps the runner out ;) His hard work is evident by the picture above - too tired to sit for the photo opp :) |
 |
| Bath time for Brucie Bug! Bruce, "Should I cry or go to sleep? I can't decide." |
 |
| Bruce, "Mama, do I look charming with my chubby cheeks and one eyebrow raised?" |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment