This is my (Zach) first post ever in the blogosphere. All I can say is "It's about time." I have been an avid Christian blog reader since 2007 when my Grove City College roommate Clay recommended that I check out www.challies.com. I can't think of a better day to start blogging.
It is about 11:30 AM, and I am sitting next to my beautiful wife in the hospital delivery room. She is reading in 1st Peter (great little book of the Bible!), and I am writing this blog post.
Here is a thirty-second run down of the last 12 hours. We arrived at Magee Women's Hospital around 11 PM last night for a scheduled induction. After getting settled into our room, the doctor put Kait on the drug Pitocin to intensify contractions and dilation. Kait took the contractions head-on for the next 4.5 hours. All I can say is that she is a trooper. Around 7 AM this morning, Kait received an epidural after we found out from the OBGYN doctor that her labor was progressing very slowly. The doctor broke her water around 9AM when Kait was 100% effaced and 4+ cm dilated.
Over the last several hours, Kait and I have been coming to the increasing realization that we have absolutely 0% control over this situation. The unknown awaits us. It is scary. It is nerve-wracking...but this is where the truth of the gospel comes in. We have a solid Rock in Jesus Christ who stood the test on our behalf so that we can come to Him as we are, fears and doubts included. He doesn't expect us to be perfect, because He was perfect for us. I am reminded of these truths based on Romans 8:
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:31-39 ESV)
We have a gracious, loving and sovereign God who is for us! Why is He for us? Why will he graciously give us all things? Why will nothing separate us from the love of God? Because He (God the Father) did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all! God knew that we (all mankind) could not solve the problem of sin by our own doing so He provided the solution Himself at the cost of His Son. His Son bore the wrath of that we FULLY deserved so that we could be made right with God! "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV)"
Therefore, in light of these truths, Kait and I can be confident that God is for us during the pregnancy. He is good. He will provide. We will post tomorrow with a picture of our little one. Stay tuned!
Here is a picture of us before we went to the hospital (Kait had s'mores pop tarts and a glass of milk)!
No comments:
Post a Comment