Well, as of today I am officially 41 weeks pregnant. That makes me 1 week overdue! With the anticipation building and not a whole lot going on (besides waiting), I've decided to start a blog. It seems like the appropriate time to start documenting some memories for our family and friends to follow. Below are a few pictures of our latest project - the nursery!
I have had so much fun working on cheap, DIY projects. Zach has been my handyman to hang them as I complete each one.
My mom made the baby's bedding for us and it's absolutely perfect! I used the scraps to make my kissing birds :)
Kelsey, my sweet sister-in-law gave us this painting as a shower gift. It matches perfectly in the baby's room, and I love the scripture verse she chose!
With each day that comes and goes without our 'little man' in sight, God is teaching me the ultimate lesson in contentment and trust in His sovereign plan.
Zach has been so supportive and encouraging as I've allowed the cloud of discouragement to loom. He's reminded me that God's ways are higher than mine and His thoughts are not my thoughts (Isaiah 55). While I may think the best time to bring home a little one is NOW (today Lord please!!), I have to trust in God's goodness and perfect plan for my life and for the life of our child. Romans 8 is one of the banner chapters that speaks over our little family and verse 28 promises that 'for those who love God, all things work together for the good, for those who are called according to His purpose.' So this is God's promise from scripture, and from it I can trust that our precious baby will come when God says it's time. And there is freedom that! What a hard (but necessary) lesson in living in the present and enjoying each day as it comes.
Even Emmitt is anxious for his little brother's arrival!
Well...not really - I think he's more excited about the dinosaur bone he received from our friends Annie and Bob.
That's all for now. Our 'little man' is just too happy in his little home for now. We'll keep you posted, but doctor's plan is to induce next Thursday unless he comes sooner. Until then, we'll be waiting with sheer excitement and ants in our pants for his arrival!
Kate, Zack, Bruce, & Emmitt:
ReplyDeleteWhat a joyful and warm Palm Sunday read! I so enjoyed every word and foto of your blog..it spoke to me and made me happy. You have indeed bloomed where you were planted, and Bruce is the
ultimate gift. Your Mom is just so proud, and thrilled about Bruce's arrival and being a Grammie. I just can't wait to see the little handsome guy. Bless you four. Love Sandy Trzcinski
;