Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Do it Yourself Tuesday :)


Today is Tuesday and it's been a great day! It's 75 degrees here and I got the itch to do a DIY project outside on the patio. I've wanted to make a Spring/Summer wreath to hang on the front door with the change of seasons. It's the official first day of spring, so what better way to celebrate!?
The Inspiration: I LOVE forsythia bushes. They always bloom first around here, telling of the coming warm and sunny weather. We have a bush in the back of our house to enjoy.
The Players: Joann's has such a lovely garden of fake flowers. At 40% off I was able to buy a fun assortment. My plan was to start with a grapevine wreath and attach all of my flowers to it, but I found this wreath with forsythia already included. AMAZING! It was a bit plain for my liking so I doctored-up the wreath with some dogwood and daisy blooms.
The finished product!


I hung my wreath with some leftover burlap I had from another project. I like the old meets new affect.
This was a super easy and fairly inexpensive afternoon project. I'm happy with the outcome and look forward to it's warm welcome each time we come home :)

One last thing: I found my sunglasses today! This Tuesday couldn't get any better.

Happy Spring!!

1 comment:

  1. This post just made me happy. :-) I love forsythia, and I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete